Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Caniz Navidad, Caniz Navidad…

Our holiday cards this year show me, my lovely (and radiantly pregnant) wife, and our dog, in its new Christmas sweater.  The shot we went with, in fact, is the only one in which the dog is looking at the camera.  Its posture in this shot is a partial profile, looking judgmentally (as it got more and more tired of the picture-taking process) down its nose at the camera.  It also had one front leg draped over mine with a jaunty crook to its elbow, and its paw hanging limply down, almost hand-like.

The dog, as much as anything else in the otherwise wonderful picture, also turned out looking great.  It almost seems to be saying, "I don't always pose for holiday pictures, but when I do… I make sure it's with a hot Mommy, a lucky dork of a Daddy, and one heck of a cute little sweater on!"

No comments: